Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Everyone in Nacogdoches Knew Tom Hanks...

Is this what Dick was cryptically referring to in his comment to my post the other day?





I mentioned Dream Academy and Nick Drake by total coincidence as I was looking up stuff about John Martyn on Groundhog Day. Chris of EBiN, blogged about them on the 27 Jan 2009 for some reason known only to himself. Coincidence? Evil Perfidious Nefarious Bad Plot? Harmony of The Spheres? Blind Luck? OOTT?

Please, don't ask me how the Spirits of Blurfing channeled me to his site... All I know it that it started at Ingsoc.

E@L

[The title of the post comes from a Steve Earle song - except it's "Tom Ames" not Tom Hanks. But it sounded funny. At the time.]

3 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

O man I love that soprano saxophone.

expat@large said...

I was trying to figure out what it was! It doesn't have the bell of a usual saxophone - I thought it must have been some sort of clarinet, like a basset-horn. Then I saw a picture of the "straight soprano saxophone"! Never heard of it... Obviously I've HEARD it, but not OF it. Live and learn.

For example the unlike the clarinet, the saxophone jumps an octave, meaning the finger is the same for both registers... Indeed, I've found my fingering the same no matter whom I playing.

Chris said...

"Chris of EBiN, blogged about them on the 27 Jan 2009 for some reason known only to himself. Coincidence? Evil Perfidious Nefarious Bad Plot? Harmony of The Spheres? Blind Luck? OOTT?"

My money's on synchronicity. Even more deliciously coincidental is a frequent visitor to my blog, and blogosphere bud, Tony at ßench, actually lives in Hebden Bridge (site of the "rare" version of the video I included in my post)....

Free Podcast

Related Posts with Thumbnails