Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Crowded Nest / Pain

Something for all the Singaporean parents out there. I noticed on my iGoogle's WikiHow link.

How to get your adult children to move out of the family home.

Do what I did. When No1 son turned 18, *I* left home and moved to Sydney.

Except, according to my taxi-driver the other day, everyone in Singapore (excluding him) would prefer to pack for Perth (p4P).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A propos of nothing above, I am giving up the booze.

For two nights now I have been kept awake by the unwanted return of those bad old ultrasensitive toes and the sore feet. Not so coincidentally I had a few drinks each night, margaritas and red wine last night, beers on Thursday. Mmm not good. Me no like pain. Looks like alcohol does something to the Moclobemide like, hey, block it totally - and all my other tabs as well! I had to get up and taken some codeine at 4am just ot get 3 or 4 hours of kip. This was pain that I haven't had before the Morton's neuroma operation 18 months ago, before I started taking any pain-killers at all, the Lyrica and Tramadol.

Incredibly unpleasant choice.

Seek pleasure yet escape pain. Aristotle? or

E@L

8 comments:

savannah said...

bless your heart, sugar! didn't the pharmarcy put a little warning label on your meds? DO NOT CONSUME ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION?
xoxoxo

(i kind of went on the wagon last week.)

expat@large said...

Well yeah, but no-one takes those notes seriously do they? Back in a minute, I've got to drive a car and operate some machinery.

I didn't drink for three months last year when on antibiotics when the feet got infected. (Didn't lose an ounce.)

Fucking foot wars.

Stephen Folan said...

I am a gout martyr and a couple of glasses of red wine will guarantee an uncomfortable time for anout a week. Lager doesn't seem to be too bad as long as I don't go too crazy.

Mond you a few weeks without booze is good for the liver and I always do that at least once a year.

Paul Lewis said...

Off subject here, but Google Chrome does not like your page.

It brings up a warning about "containing elements from the site www.wjzone.com which appears to host malware"

I get a big warning, asking if I want to continue.

Two days ago at the office, my antivirus found something in the IE temporary folders, and today, as I opened your site in IE, I got the virus warning as the page opened.

2+2 = virus.

Can't they put you in jail for 10 years in Singapore for that?

Is there some nasty link on your page?

expat@large said...

Shit, really? How to fix? I'll check it out tonight...

expat@large said...

H-G: yowser. One of my BP meds was starting to send my uric levels up... straight off them. Pity, they were brilliant for my BP.

savannah said...

i'll remember the date even without facebook, sugar! ;~D xoxoxo

Creepy said...

Try more than "a few drinks." You should sleep like a baby.

Free Podcast

Related Posts with Thumbnails